As we all know, most of us see dogs as members of the family and we want to take as much care as we can of our four-legged friends. Making sure they’re well-fed, walked as often as possible, had as many stimulations as possible, and most importantly, made them feel loved, are our top priorities.
Unfortunately, it’s unavoidable that we need to leave our dogs at home by themselves sometimes. This can make us worried that the dog will get lonely or leave a mess in the house. This is where a dog day care comes in! By being at a doggy day care, your pooch will be looked after, feel content and get to hang around with their doggy best friends.
What is a dog day care?
Just like a baby day care nursery but for dogs instead! It’s a uniquely friendly and pooch-adoring service that ensures your four-legged friend is looked after while you’re out for the day.
Most dog day care would involve you dropping your dog off at a centre near you where the doggy will be looked after, fed, watered, exercised and received lots of attention and cuddles. Some day care may offer a local pick up service so you don’t have to worry if you don’t have the time in the morning, or you work at the opposite side of the city.
When your dog arrives at the day care, they will be greeted by loving staff and dogs that are already there. Your dog will then start their play day at the day care and have lots of fun until you’re ready to pick them up, or at the end of the evening.
Talk about a dog’s life, eh!
Who uses this service?
Anyone with a dog can use this service. Many people use it for many different reasons, such as:
- Full-time workers – when they’re at work, knowing that their pooch is not alone at home for 9-10 hours a day, and will have a lot of fun while they’re away from the house.
- Social butterflies – when they need to be somewhere or have social events with the venue isn’t dog-friendly or they are going to be away from home for longer than 4 hours during the day.
- Retirees – when they want their pooch to socialise with other dogs for some proper dog-play.
- Puppy owners – when they want their pupper to get the best start of doggy socialisation with professional dog caretakers and trainers.
Here are just some of the examples of the type of people who use our dog day care service in London, but people who use the service come from all walks of life.
At The Wag Club, we see the benefits of a dog day care first hand with the socialisation aspects a dog would get from us and are not cooped up at home for the day.
We witness so many dogs go from nervous wrecks to really well socialised and playful pups in the space of just a few weeks.
How your dog could benefit from dog day care
There are many benefits your dogs can get out from us:
- Your pooch gets both morning and afternoon walks in some lovely locations in London, no matter if they love to walk for miles, meander at their own pace, or chew every stick they find.
- Surrounded by trained carers who have their well-being at heart and love to play with your pet.
- They’re fed their choice of meals so their tummies are satisfied.
- Your four-legged friend can play and lollop about outside as much as they want.
- Your doggy has a lot of fun!
- Build confidence in puppies and dogs who have not been socialised.
This ultimately means that you can go to work or go on holiday, or simply go out for the afternoon without worrying if your dog’s ok – surrounded by other friendly pooches and being looked after by trained professionals who love dogs just as much as you do.
How you could benefit from dog day care
It’s not only your dog can reap the benefit of a day care service, you could too!
- You get a tired pooch back at the end of the day, it means no need to walk your dog after a long day at work.
- Spend quality time with your dog at the sofa having downtime together.
- No longer feeling guilty for leaving your dog for a long period of time.
- Peace of mind that your pooch is mentally stimulated and physically trim.
- Reclaim your social life and not bound by those puppy eyes when you have to leave them at home to go fun without them.
If you would like to leave your dog with people who have their best interests at heart contact us today. We strive to give your four-legged friend the care and attention they need to make sure they have a great time in North London. Regardless of your dog’s likes and dislikes, how large or small they are, or whether they’re active or like to nap a lot, we can take good care of them.